Choosing The Right RV For You
It starts with a casual conversation….. “Wouldn’t it be nice to go camping in style with an RV?” ?
You find yourself at an RV dealer’s lot walking through the various styles and types of RVs. Pretty soon they start to blur and all look alike. It becomes confusing! Class A motorhomes? Class C motorhomes? Travel Trailers? Fifth Wheels? OH the insanity of it all!
Here at Sky River RV we are proud of our ability to slow it all down, and start helping you on your journey to fun, adventure and excitement. The following are some questions when considering the right RV – along with a few tips on selecting an RV that best works for you and your family … OR just you!
- How many people do you need to sleep in the RV? (this helps determine size and floor plan of the RV)
- Do you want to drive one or drag one? (This can narrow down the selection between styles like Class A motorhomes or Travel Trailers?)
- Do you want to go for weekends or long term “Staycations” (6mo’s or longer)?
- Where do you like to camp now (some RV parks and campgrounds have length restrictions, so this may help determine style and size)
- Imagine inside the RV… “Where will I put my dishes and food etc”… (Is there enough storage for the camping you want to do?)
- Before you shop for the RV of your dreams, determine your desired “Fun Budget”. Here at Sky River RV we call it a “Fun Budget” because that is just what RV’ing should be – FUN! (this can help determine an RV that meets your family’s needs in the budget you set for it and getting the most for your RV’ing dollar!)
- When shopping for a Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel or RV motorhome, it is important to determine if the manufacturer you choose is still in business. (this can be of help with warranty, parts and RV service!) If the RV manufacturer is or has gone out of business your RV service needs may go unmet!
- When you are shopping for an RV, does the dealer offer a full RV service and RV parts department? (this can be important during your ownership experience – knowing and having a reliable RV Service Center!)
- What options and amenities are important and functional for you and the type of camping you want to do?
- Last and most important … Is it comfortable? Does it feel right? If you answer yes to those questions, there is only one thing left to do!
Move forward with getting that RV and GO RV’ing …..
Until next time, the staff at Sky River RV wishes you happy trails!
Let us know if you have any other thoughts on choosing the right RV!