6 Mug Meals You Can Make in Less Than 5 Minutes While Camping
Who doesn’t like quick and easy recipes? But, those aren’t usually the words that come to mind when you want something delicious. Until now! RVing doesn’t mean that you need to sacrifice great food. And, it doesn’t mean that you need to spend a ton of time in your RV’s gourmet kitchen. The recipes below can be completed in less than 5 minutes right in your mug.
1. Mug Pizza
Pizza is a favorite among many but it’s not something that most connect with camping. However, this mug pizza recipe shared on Country Living gives you everything you’re looking for in a great slice. And, best of all… it only takes a few minutes.
- Combine 4 Tbs flour, 1/8 tsp sale, 1/8 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of baking soda in the bottom of your microwaveable mug.
- Whisk in 3 Tbs milk and 1 Tbs oil until thoroughly combined.
- Top it with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle on your desired amount of cheese and favorite toppings.
- Pop it in the microwave for 70-80 seconds
2. Breakfast casserole mug
We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but when you’re living life on the go it’s not always something you want to take time for. This breakfast casserole is quick, easy, and will give you more of the nutrients you need then grabbing a donut when you’re headed out early.
- Crack an egg into a microwaveable mug and beat.
- If you have precooked breakfast meat like crumbled bacon, diced ham, or sausage, you can add some of that in. You can also add in spinach.
- Microwave for around 90 seconds.
- Season with a little salt and pepper if you desire and top with a little cheese.
3. Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffin
Muffins are great for a quick breakfast or snack when you’re in a hurry. Or, sometimes a warm muffin just reminds you of the comforts of home. Either, way this Gluten-free muffin is a delicious mug recipe to try while RVing.
- In you microwaveable mug mix 1 Tbs coconut flour, 1 Tbs almond flour, 1 T oat flour (you can omit if you’re sticking to a Paleo diet) with 2 Tbs granulated sweetener of your choice, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Add in 1 Tbs smashed banana (can substitute with ghee or coconut oil), 1 egg, and 1 Tbs milk (or your favorite non-dairy substitute). Only mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in 3 Tbs blueberries. (you can adjust this based on your preference).
- Microwave for 50 seconds. If the muffin is not done you can continue up to 2minutes.
4. Meatloaf in a mug
Meatloaf is just one of those comfort foods. But, if you have a craving for it, it’s time-consuming to make. This meatloaf mug recipe from Rada Cutlery allows you to make a single serving in a hurry.
- Combine 2 Tbs milk, 1 Tbs onion soup mix, 1 Tbs ketchup, and 2 Tbs quick-cooking oats in your mug.
- Add in 1/4 lb. of lean ground beef and combine.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Mac-n-cheese in a mug
Gemma Stafford at Bigger Bolder Baking has loads of great mug recipes on her site and one of them is this macaroni and cheese recipe. Yes, you can buy those cups from the store to throw in your microwave, but this recipe uses real ingredients making it so much yummier. You’re going to want a large mug if you give this a try.
- In your microwaveable mug add 1/2 cup of pasta and 3/4 cup of cold water.
- Microwave pasta for around 3 1/2 minutes. Make sure it’s fully cooked.
- Pour out any water that is still in the cup.
- Stir in 4 Tbs milk, 1/4 tsp cornstarch, and 4 Tbs shredded cheddar cheese
- Pop it back in for 60 seconds, stir, season with sale and pepper
6. Lasagna in a mug
You might not think Italian food when you think about camping, but that’s the glorious thing about mug meals and having an RV. We’re bringing you one more recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking—lasagna. This one is so easy compared to making traditional lasagna that you might just find yourself making it even when you’re home. This does take slightly longer than 5 minutes, but it’s lasagna and worth the extra minute or two.
- Break up 2 sheets of lasagna noodles into your mug.
- Pour in 3/4 cup water and 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes. You want the noodles to be tender so check and stir it at the halfway mark.
- Drain any remaining water. Take the pasta out of mug to start your layering.
- Layer marinara sauce, noodles, spinach, sausage (if you want to add meat), and ricotta.
- Continue with layers until you’re at the top of the mug and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
RV camp food can be delicious!
Who doesn’t love hotdogs over the fire? But, when you are living on the road or travel in your RV a lot, you might not want the same basic camp meals over and over. These meals help to add some excitement back into your meals without adding in a lot of time.
And, if you have a four-legged friend that travels with you, you can give this Peanut Butter Banana Dog Cake recipe a try:
- Put a ripe banana, egg, and 2 Tbs of peanut butter into a mug.
- Squish and mix it together.
- Microwave for a minute.
Your furry friends will love it! And, you can sneak a taste too.
Join the RVing world
If you are ready to up your camping game and add adventure to your travel, call Sky River RV to find the perfect RV for your needs.